Thursday, October 31, 2013

Candy Should be its Own Food Group (Halloween Edition)

Boo! Did I scare you? Did I perhaps fool you since no true, uptight food blogger would actually want to consider CANDY a food group!? That's for the peasants who think candy corn is the best! (No offense dear friends with a love of this...that I will never understand)
Not appealing to the eye
For me, and every other person who celebrates this holiday unless you have no soul,  Halloween is all about the candy, the GOOD candy, not that fruity crap that people think is candy. Ok, it's candy, but I'm not a fan. No, rich woman with a large, white home, I do not want mints or lifesavers. I want the chocolate! Give me caramel! I want my teeth to struggle with the cavities being inflicted upon them!

In honor of this day full of treats and tricks, but I'm only in it for the treats, I will now count down my top 5 favorite Halloween candies. It is almost a guarantee that you will not find Swedish fish, gummy bears, and especially not CANDY CORN. Sorry. Except not.

5. Snickers- You know what's great about snickers? That people with large homes that weren't run by older ladies would give out HUGE FOOT LONG BARS.
Hungry? GRAB A SNICKERS
Was that not the best thing in the world? Or only the best thing in my world? Caramel and peanuts and chocolate?? Pretty much the top three best combinations of combinations ever invented, except I also need a crunch factor.

4. Kit Kat-Gimme a break, gimme a break. Just for their little commercial jingle, I love kit kats. And for the fact that they consist of the perfect amount of chocolate and crunch with the wafer bar underneath. But they aren't good enough for the top 3. Tragic.

3. Nestle Crunch-One could say these are boring, nothing candies full of chocolate and krispy crunchies (or maybe only I would use the word "crunchies") but I used to get so excited when these were in my little pumpkin bucket. And pillow case. Perhaps in college one year....but who's to say. I just love the crunch factor...hence the name.

2. Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cups- I love peanut butter. I love peanut butter. I cannot get enough of my peanut butter. Peanut M&Ms would've been included if I made a top 10, but as I'm sure all have concluded by now, I am the laziest food blogger ever. These peanut butter cups are pure perfection. Just enough chocolate on the outside to savor the peanutty butter on the inside. I could eat one every day and be totally satisfied. When Reese's pieces came out, they did not measure up to my butter cups. But Reese's pieces cereal (which probably isn't sold anymore due to everyone being a health food fanatic)  was quite possibly the most delicious, memorable cereal I've had had. Along with my number one, I could eat these all day every day. If it wasn't unhealthy since society now realizes how fat I will become.
OM NOMM NOM

1. Twix
Welcome to the GOLDEN HOLY GRAIL
Everyone I know loves twix. I don't know a single soul who doesn't love twix. If you don't like twix, you don't deserve Halloween candy. Am I a bit much? Maybe. But that's how much I love twix. The buttery, crunchy biscuit with the caramel and chocolate literally makes me sing with joy.

I hope everyone also gets bubble gum, peanut M&M's, milky ways, and anything else that has peanut butter (100 Grands!) because they all deserve honorable mentions.

Also, as a wise man once told me, "Goodnight, sleep tight, and don't have a fright, and remember, always keep on the light."

No comments:

Post a Comment